TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP
(Updated February 1, 2014)
Upon acceptance of its Membership Application by NAEIR, a member organization subscribes to and agrees to comply with the Terms of Membership as outlined in the following paragraphs:
1. With no exceptions, merchandise received from NAEIR must be used by the member solely for the care of the ill, the needy or minors. NOTE: THIS MEANS THAT NAEIR MERCHANDISE MAY NOT BE SOLD, BARTERED OR EXCHANGED (WHETHER AT FLEA MARKETS, THRIFT SHOPS, AUCTIONS, RAFFLES, CHARITY BENEFITS, FUNDRAISING EVENTS, OR IN ANY OTHER CONTEXT WHATSOEVER). MERCHANDISE MAY NOT BE GIVEN TO OR TAKEN BY VOLUNTEERS, OFFICERS, CLERGY OR EMPLOYEES FOR PERSONAL USE. IT MUST BE USED SOLELY FOR THE CARE OF THE ILL, NEEDY OR MINORS, PURSUANT TO THE MEMBER’S CHARITABLE PURPOSES.
2. Members agree to maintain adequate books and records reflecting merchandise received from NAEIR and, if requested, to provide NAEIR and/or the Internal Revenue Service with substantiation of its use and distribution of such merchandise.
3. A Member Organization must advise NAEIR promptly of any change in its status for federal tax purposes.
4. Members who visit a NAEIR facility for any reason must:
- Act in an orderly, businesslike manner at all times.
- Follow directions of NAEIR employees.
- Comply with all posted signs (e.g., No Admittance or No Smoking), parking and traffic restrictions, and other regulations.
5. Members must cooperate with NAEIR officers, the Internal Revenue Service, and local law enforcement authorities as necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations relating to their NAEIR membership and merchandise received from NAEIR.
6. Members agree to comply with all applicable Treasury Regulations relating to the receipt of property from NAEIR. Copies of applicable regulations are available from NAEIR’s Membership Department, and any questions may be directed to that office at (800) 562-0955, extension 406.
7. Members must pay membership fees and other charges promptly.
8. Membership and processing fees may be increased at any time in NAEIR’s sole discretion. If NAEIR should elect to increase membership fees, the increase will be effective on the anniversary date of the member’s membership. The terms of any membership plan may be changed at any time in NAEIR’s sole discretion.
9. NAEIR reserves the absolute right to terminate the membership of any member, whether for violating these Terms of Membership or otherwise. The membership of any member may be terminated by NAEIR in its sole discretion, with or without cause, on 10 days written notice to any member. In the event the membership of any person or entity is terminated by NAEIR, that person or entity may again apply for membership, which NAEIR may approve or reject, in its sole discretion.
10. Refund of prorated membership fees (less any outstanding balance owing) is limited to organizations that have received less than twice the amount of their most recent membership fee payment in merchandise value, during their current membership period.
11. The terms set forth in the Terms of Membership shall apply to all members and to all membership plans.
12. Members agree that these Terms of Membership may be enforced by legal action, including but not limited to injunctive or other equitable relief and that NAEIR’s reasonable costs of such enforcement will be reimbursed by a member that is held to be in violation of the Terms of Membership.
Official Member Contact Person
The Official Member Contact Person is the only person to whom correspondence concerning the membership is directed; this person is also responsible for any revisions in this specific membership enrollment.